OTN Spring Conference
River Talk and Networking
Date: Thursday, April 5th, 2018
Where: Mequon Nature Preserve: 8200 W. County Line Road, Mequon
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Dinner: Pot Luck with some basic fixings provided (Bring a dish to pass, and/ or your favorite beverage to share if you can.)
Thank you to Kristin Geis, Executive Director of the Mequon Nature Preserve for hosting our spring event! If you can come early, there are some wonderful trails at MNP just waiting for you to go exploring.
Conference: This is a great time to enjoy food and drink with friends and new friends, share some "shameless plugs" about your organization and listen to some interesting members who will be giving "extended shameless plugs" - 5 minute updates on some exciting ventures. Our focus is the Milwaukee River Basin and related happenings:)
Extended Shameless Plug Presenters for the April 5th OTN Conference
1. Mequon Nature Preserve
2. Riveredge's Mandie Zopp will give us an overview/results of the first year for their Community Rivers Project.
3. Milwaukee Riverkeeper -Cheryl Nenn will brief us on their water trail map, which now includes Ozaukee county, touch on the river cleanup, which will be April 21st and their citizen water monitoring training dates.
4. Huda Alkaff, Founder & Director of the Wisconsin Green Muslims will share their river-related work: Faithful Rainwater Harvesting, River Cleanups, and ThinkRiver -applying systems thinking to a river.
5. William Kort, PhD Freshwater Science & Policy, will update us on the 9 Key Element Watershed Plans for Sweet Water that covers sub-watersheds in the Milwaukee River watershed.
6. Gary Casper will do a mini presentation on 4 years of intense study of the river for the Area of Concern project.
7. Eddee Daniel will introduce us to "A Wealth of Nature" - a project of Preserve Our Parks.
8. Ozaukee County Planning and Parks - Andrew Struck